To celebrate the release of THE AMITYVILLE HAUNTING to DVD on 18th June, Revolver Entertainment have launched an exciting competition to find the UK’s most haunted house. Horror fans and ‘victims’ of paranormal activity across the country are encouraged to write a short paragraph (300-500 words) on why their house is the most haunted in the UK. Perhaps their home is occupied by a ghost or poltergeist, or even the spirit of a past relative.
The house judged to be the most haunted will receive a visit from renowned clairvoyant and author Terry Donaldson. During this visit, Terry will perform a séance and reveal the true nature of the haunting and its origins. The entire event will be captured on video, with the footage edited into a short video which we at HorrorCultFilms will show on the website!
If you’ve got uninvited supernatural guests and strange ‘goings on’ in your home, write a short paragraph (300-500 words) explaining so and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition closes on Friday 22 June 2012.
Terms and Conditions
1) This competition is organised by Revolver Entertainment Limited (in these terms and conditions, ‘Revolver’) in association with horrorcultfilms.co.uk.
2) Entrants should submit a short written piece (300-500 words) by email to email@example.com explaining why their house is the most haunted in the UK. Submissions should include the entrant’s name, age, address, telephone number and email address.
3) After the closing date, the judges will review submissions and select a winning entry. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4) Subject to legal requirements and availability, Revolver will contact the Winner within 14 days of the closing date to arrange the séance. The séance will involve a visit to the Winner’s house by clairvoyant Terry Donaldson, the events of which will be filmed and edited into a short video (the ‘Video’).
5) All aspects of the séance, including its arrangement, its participants, and the production, editing and exploitation of the Video will be entirely at Revolver’s discretion.
6) By submitting his or her competition entry to Revolver, the Winner agrees to appear in the Video, in promotional material relating to this competition and to the film ‘The Amityville Haunting’. The Video may be shown on the website(s) of Revolver and/or its affiliates, horrorcultfilms.co.uk and/or other sites or media at Revolver’s discretion.
7) In entering the competition, the Winner agrees to execute a participant release form or such similar documentation as is required by Revolver, to assign to Revolver the copyright and all other rights in his or her work and performance in and relating to the Video, to grant the rights necessary to film in his or her premises, and to use his or her name and likeness. The Winner waives so-called moral rights relating thereto. Such documentation will also be required from any other participants as a condition precedent of their participation, and the Winner will use best endeavours to aid Revolver in procuring the same. Where the Winner or any other participant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian will be required to sign on his or her behalf.
The Winner (and any other participants) will not be paid to appear in the Video. At Revolver’s discretion the Winner may (with no obligation) be paid reasonable expenses.
9) The competition closes on 22 June 2012. Any entry received after this date shall be deemed invalid. Revolver accepts no liability for late or lost submissions.
10) If for any reason Terry Donaldson is not available, Revolver will endeavour to find a suitable replacement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Revolver reserves its right to postpone or cancel the séance or the making or distribution of the Video, or to end this competition, due to force majeure or other reason at any time.
11) There is no cash or other equivalent of the prize.
12) The competition is open to resident nationals of the UK only. No entries will be accepted from employees of Revolver (including its group and associated companies) or horrorcultfilms.co.uk or their immediate family members.
Released by Revolver Entertainment to DVD on 18th June 2012, THE AMITYVILLE HAUNTING uses found footage to recount the thrilling events that marked thefinal days of the Benson family.
In April 2010, the Benson family moved into their new home in upstate New York, blissfully unaware of the terrifying presence that occupied it. Little did they know, that their new Amityville home was written into one of the most infamous and bloody chapters in modern American history, when Ronal DeFeo ruthlessly, and brutally, murdered his entire family within its walls on 13th November, 1974.
Briefly after settling into their new abode, the Bensons began to witness strings of subtle, yet inexplicable paranormal events. As they attempted to record them, the incidents became increasingly disturbing, terrifying and ultimately violent. None of the family survived.
Now, desperate for the true story to be revealed at last, mourning relatives of the deceased family have released the surviving footage, documenting the entirehorrific deal, and the final moments of the Benson family.