Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Techland have released the first-ever gameplay video for the upcoming action survival title, Dying Light, and it looks absolutely awesome!
In the 11-minute video, players get a look at “daytime” in the vast and dangerous world of Dying Light. During the day, players traverse an expansive urban environment that has been overrun by a vicious outbreak, and must scavenge the world for supplies and craft weapons in order to defend themselves from the growing infected population. If players find themselves overwhelmed by infected, they’ll have to choose between fight or flight. Thankfully they’ll be able to run seamlessly around the world—from the rooftops to the ground, and everywhere in between—with the game’s free-running movement. Every choice in Dying Light has different consequences…what will you do?
- Survive the Night – During the day, players roam free and scavenge for supplies and weapons. But at night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.
- Free Running Movement – Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.
- Open World Environments – Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.
- Brutal Melee and Ranged Combat – get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.
- Choose Your Play Style – Dying Light features four playable characters that can be fully customized and upgraded to match any play style.
- Craft Your Weapon – Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barbed wire? Dying Light’s sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.
- Breathtaking Visuals and Gameplay – Dying Light is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6, a cutting edge incarnation of Techland’s proprietary technology, designed from the ground up for the new console generation, DirectX 11 and other advanced solutions.
There is no news yet on a release date but the game has been tipped for both current and next-gen consoles (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4), as well as PC.