A few days ago Colin Farrell confirmed that he will be taking a leading role in the highly anticipated second season of True Detective, and on the back of that, HBO have issued a press release confirming some further details.
We now have confirmation that Vince Vaughn (who was rumoured a few months ago) will be joining Farrell, and also we now know that Justin Lin (Fast & Furious) will direct the first two episodes. The announcement also has a brief plot outline, plus some character details.
The Press Release:
- Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn have officially joined the cast.
- Justin Lin (Fast & Furious 6, Fast Five, Fast & Furious) will direct only the first two episodes, so unlike the first season, this season will have multiple directors.
- The story will follow “Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.”
- Colin will play Ray Velcoro, a “compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.”
- Vince will play Frank Semyon, a “career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by murder of a business partner.”
- The second season will be comprised of eight hour-long episodes.
- True Detective season 2 will begin production in California later this fall.