So here’s some truly upsetting news to end the day: NBC have cancelled their gorgeous show, Hannibal, which means for now showrunner Bryan Fuller will not get to make his seven season masterpiece.
Fuller said of the cancellation:
“NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancellation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers. Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure. HANNIBAL is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC”
This is really upsetting news as Season 3 of Hannibal has been superb so far, and might even be more nightmarish than the previous two seasons. Things are moving forward with Season 3, and no doubt there is a big finale planned, ready to tease for the next season, which for now won’t be happening, and this makes me sad.
NBC said in a statement:
“We have been tremendously proud of ‘Hannibal’ over its three seasons,” NBC said in a statement. “Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made ‘Hannibal’ an incredible experience for audiences around the world”
The shows ratings have been very low, but this doesn’t mean its bad. Those who enjoy Hannibal really enjoy it, and many call it the best show NBC have ever aired. So its very upsetting that its been cancelled.
However, with a plan of seven seasons, Hannibal just might end up somewhere else? Mads Mikkelsen news is optimistic:
There's still some chances for the show to find another home, so don't lose hope yet! #Hannibal
— Mads Mikkelsen News (@MadsSource) June 22, 2015