Eureka Entertainment to release John Frankenheimer’s SECONDS, the critically acclaimed suspense-thriller, for the first time in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 26th October 2015.
To the enigmatic question “Who are SECONDS?”, the film’s original poster responded: “The answer is almost too terrifying for words…. The story of a man who buys for himself a totally new life. A man who lives the age-old dream — If only I could live my life all over again.”
John Frankenheimer directs Rock Hudson as a “second”: that is, the newly plastic-surgery altered “reboot” of, in this instance, a listless banker named Arthur Hamilton. Such procedures are carried out by a secret organization known only as “The Company,” with the promise of giving an individual a chance at making a fresh start at life… but at what cost?
Master lighting cameraman James Wong Howe provides the paranoiac atmosphere to the skewed reality of what came to be widely considered one of Frankenheimer’s very best films. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present Seconds on Blu-ray and DVD in the UK for the first time.
“Who are seconds? Where are seconds? Seconds might be all around you. Even Now!”
“A second chance to live. A second chance to die”
SPECIAL FEATURES including:
- Gorgeous restoration from a 4K transfer, in 1080p HD on the Blu-ray
- Two Feature-length audio commentaries: one by director John Frankenheimer, and one by film scholar Adrian Martin
- New video interview with novelist and critic Kim Newman
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- Original theatrical trailer
- Booklet featuring new essays by critics David Cairns and Mike Sutton