Would you like to win 1 of 10 copies of Sean McCloy’s book NEON PHANTOMS: A TALE OF MOVIE OBSESSION which our very own Dr Lenera recently reviewed? Well, now you can in our competition!
Hal Underwood is the manager of a video store who has watched too many movies. When he discovers a VHS copy of a forgotten horror film from the 1970s called ‘The Jack-o-Lantern Man’, he feels compelled to watch the movie repeatedly in the days that follow. He also researches the short-lived career of the Italian director of the film, Giacomo Nero.
As Hal learns more about the movie, he experiences a vivid, recurring dream. In the dream, he is transported to an empty cinema auditorium where unidentified screams can be heard coming from somewhere beyond the EXIT sign. Hal struggles to escape the influence of ‘The Jack-o-Lantern Man’, but when he senses the spectral presence of a character from the film entering his own reality, he fears his mind may be unravelling. And why can’t he stop that line of dialogue from the film – “The moon is his aperture!” – echoing through his head?
Soon, the line between reality and fantasy, between a life of dead end employment and a world that suddenly appears more cinematic, becomes hopelessly blurred for Hal…
Bursting with cinematic allusions (particularly to the Italian horror movies of Mario Bava, Dario Argento and others) ‘Neon Phantoms’ skillfully blends a supernatural plot with elements of film history and black humour.
NEON PHANTOMS: A TALE OF MOVIE OBSESSION is available in paperback and eBook format from Amazon.
For your chance to win a copy of the book, simply enter using our form below.
The competition will end on Monday 24th August 2015 and ten winners will be selected at random from valid entries.
• This promotion is open to UK residents only.
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into
• There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner
• 10 winners will each win 1x Neon Phantoms book
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.