A featurette for Tarantino’s highly anticipated tenth film, The Hateful Eight, has been released on-line by the Weinstein’s. If by some chance you attended Comic-Con back in July, then you would have seen this featurette there, but for those who didn’t get the chance to go, we can now listen to a very passionate Quentin Tarantino discuss his decision to shoot in 70mm.
The seven minute featurette is full of information, and its always nice to see a director as talented as Tarantino talking about something that he feels really passionate about. Samuel L. Jackson also adds his trademark coolness to the video, so give it a whirl below, along with a reminder of the superb trailer.
The Hateful Eight is written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.
Here are the key cast names of the film, and who they will be playing:
- Kurt Russell as John Ruth, a “mean sonuvabitch” bounty hunter on his way to Red Rock with a murderous woman in tow.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, a former Union officer who lives in the Wyoming mountains.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue, an infamous outlaw taken prisoner by Ruth.
- Michael Madsen as Joe Gage, a cowboy.
- Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray, a Brit and new hangman of Red Rock.
- Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, a Southerner who claims to be the sheriff.
- Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers, a former Confederate general.
- Demian Bichir as Bob, a Mexican man who’se taken over innkeeper duties at Minnie’s while the owner is away.
- Channing Tatum also appears in the film in an unspecified role.
The Hateful Eight will have a limited 70mm release in the US on Christmas Day, and then a full release will follow in the US and the UK on 8th January.
Here is the official synopsis:
In THE HATEFUL EIGHT, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff.
Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie’s Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…