Second Sight will be re-releasing seminal horror Blu-ray trilogy of BASKET CASE on 14th March 2016 in black case classic packaging and packed full of outstanding special features. To celebrate, we’ve two copies to give away in our competition!
One of the essential repeat rentals for any self-respecting horror fan in the early 1980s, Frank Henenlotter’s cult classic Basket Case and the gloriously psychotic sequels it spawned are collected together in one of the most twisted and enjoyable horror trilogies ever made. Now the wonderfully warped films will be released as Basket Case – The Trilogy in a three-disc standard case, complete with a basket load of bonus features.
What’s in the basket? A question Duane Bradley is asked alot when he arrives in New York and checks into the sleazy Hotel Broslin, a place filled with drunks, odd-bods and prostitutes. We soon discover the answer; inside is his grotesquely deformed brother Belial. Separated at birth in a brutal operation the Siamese twins have come looking for revenge on the doctors that left Belial for dead and now the basket-dweller is ready to wreak blood-soaked carnage. Where the original classic ends the sequels pick up and things start to get really deranged when the brothers meet their long lost aunt ‘Granny Ruth’ and her houseful of freaks.
• ‘What’s In The Basket?’ – A look at the making of the trilogy with director Frank Henenlotter; actors Kevin VanHentenryck, Beverly Bonner, Annie Ross; producers Edgar Ievans and James Glickenhaus; make-up effects artists John Caglione Jr, Kevin Haney, Gabe Bartalos; and writer Uncle Bob Martin
• ‘An Interview With Graham Humphreys’ – a look at the career of the legendary film poster artist.
Additional bonus features for the original film include:
• Video Introduction By Frank Henenlotter
• Audio Commentary By Director Frank Henenlotter, Producer Edgar Ievins And Actress Beverly Bonner
• 2001 Video Short – The Hotel Broslin
• Trailer/Radio Spots
• Photo Gallery: Behind-The-Scenes, Promotional Material, Stills
For your chance to win Basket Case trilogy on Blu-Ray, just follow and RT the following tweet:
— HorrorCultFilms (@HorrorCultFilms) March 13, 2016
The competition will close at 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 20th March 2016 and two winners will be notified via Twitter.
• This promotion is open to UK residents only.
• Entrants must be aged 18 years or older
• One entry per household
• There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner
• 2 winners will each win 1x Basket Case trilogy Blu-Ray
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.