Arrow Video have announced they will be releasing 52 PICK-UP on dual format on 17th October 2016.
HIS WIFE. HIS MISTRESS. HIS CAREER. A DEADLY TRAP.
In 1986, John Frankenheimer – the director of The Manchurian Candidate, Seconds and French Connection II – made the unlikely career move of working with schlockmeisters Cannon Films. Adapting Elmore Leonard’s novel of the same name, 52 Pick-Up’s union brought about the perfect blend of high calibre thrills and Cannon-grade trash.
Roy Scheider (Jaws, Cohen and Tate) plays a successful businessman whose life quickly falls apart when a compromising videotape of him and his mistress (Kelly Preston) becomes a tool for blackmail. Unable to go to the police without compromising the political career of his wife (Ann-Margret), he must take things into his own hands – and delve into a world of drugs, sleaze, pornography and snuff.
Co-starring Prince protégé Vanity and John Glover (who was described as “the best, most reprehensible villain of the year” by Roger Ebert), and featuring a host of cameos from the stars of the ‘Silver Age of Porn’, 52 Pick-Up has been described by Leonard as his favourite big-screen adaptation of his works.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements by MGM
- Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by critics Glenn Kenny and Doug Brod recorded exclusively for this release
- Hardcore Cameos, a guide to the many cameo appearances by pornographic actors in 52 Pick-Up
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Reinhard Kleist
- First pressing only: Collector’s booklet containing new writing on the film by the Badlands Collective