Arrow Video have announced they’re to release THE BURNING on dual format steelbook on 10th October 2016.
GATHER AROUND THE CAMPFIRE TO DIE!
Of all the many slice-and-dice films that emerged in the early ’80s, few remain as gruesomely effective as The Burning – the notorious “video nasty” now finally unleashed on Blu-ray!
When an ill-advised prank misfires, summer camp caretaker Cropsy is committed to hospital with severe burns. Released after five years, hospital officials warn him not to blame the young campers who caused his hideous disfigurement. But no sooner is Cropsy back on the streets than he’s headed back to camp with a rusty pair of shears in hand, determined to exact his bloody revenge…
With standout gore effects courtesy of FX legend Tom Savini, The Burning proved too shocking for UK censors upon its original video release. Now, fully uncut and in High Definition, The Burning is ready to reclaim its place as the ultimate summer camp nightmare.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Limited Edition SteelBook packaging (4000 copies)
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Tony Maylam and critic Alan Jones
- Audio commentary with stars Shelley Bruce and Bonnie Deroski
- Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
- Blood ‘n’ Fire Memories – a detailed look at the creation of the film’s make-up effects with special effects artist Tom Savini
- Slash & Cut – an interview with editor Jack Sholder
- Cropsy Speaks – an interview with actor Lou David
- Summer Camp Nightmare – an interview with actress Leah Ayres
- Brand new interview with composer Rick Wakeman
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Theatrical Trailer
- Make-Up Effects Still Gallery
- Poster & Still Gallery
- First pressing only: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Justin Kerswell