Eureka Entertainment to release director Anthony Mann’s THE MAN FROM LARAMIE, one of the most powerful westerns of the 1950s starring James Stewart, on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 5th December 2016.
Held by many to be the pinnacle of the five Westerns they were teamed on, The Man from Laramie marked the final collaboration between director Anthony Mann and star James Stewart.
Stewart stars as a resolute vigilante, obsessed with finding the man responsible for his brother’s death. Among the suspects are an arrogant cattle baron (Donald Crisp), his sadistic son (Alex Nicol) and his ranch foreman (Arthur Kennedy).
A psychological revenge saga of Shakespearean proportions, and masterfully filmed in Cinemascope and Technicolor, The Man from Laramie is one of the most powerful dramas of the 1950s. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present it in a new 4K restoration in a Dual-Format edition for the first time in the UK.
SPECIAL DUAL FORMAT FEATURES including
· New restored 4K film transfer, presented on both Blu-ray and DVD
· Restored 2.0 and 5.1 soundtracks, presented in uncompressed PCM and DTS-HD MA respectively on the Blu-ray
· English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
· New audio commentary by film critic Adrian Martin
· New video interview with critic and novelist Kim Newman
· Original theatrical trailer
· PLUS: a new booklet featuring a new essay by Philip Kemp, an interview with Anthony Mann, and rare archival imagery