To celebrate the release of CREATURE DESIGNERS: THE FRANKENSTEIN COMPLEX – on DVD 3rd October – we are giving away a copy courtesy of Studiocanal!
From King Kong to Avatar, from Star Wars to Lord of the Rings, movie creatures have never been as popular as they are today! Yet the art of creating monsters for the big screen is as old as cinema itself…
From early experiments with apes and dinosaurs to the birth of special make-up effects, from the pinnacle of animatronics to the digital revolution, CREATURE DESIGNERS: THE FRANKENSTEIN COMPLEX explores a century of human imagination, cinematic thrills and wonders.
Based on interviews of all the greatest artists in the genre and hours of exclusive footage from classics like Gremlins, The Abyss, Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Starship Troopers, Spider-Man 2…, the documentary focuses on the stunning relationship between the creatures and their makers: like modern Frankensteins, special effects wizards create life out of raw material, art and complex machinery.
“An absorbing study of the evolution of a film-making niche” Andrew Pulver, The Guardian
“An unmissable celebration of the craft” 5 stars, Horror Channel
Complete the name of this famous stop-motion animator: Ray _______
To enter, just send your answer along with your name and address to email@example.com with the subject ‘Creature Designers comp‘.
The competition will close at 11.59pm GMT on Friday 14th October 2016 and one correct entry will be chosen at random.
• This promotion is open to UK residents only.
• Entrants must be aged 12 years or older
• One entry per household
• There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner
• One winner will win 1x Creature Designers DVD
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.