Arrow Video are set to release KILL BABY… KILL on Blu-Ray on 11th September 2017.
In 1966, after a three-year hiatus, director Mario Bava (Black Sunday, The Girl Who Knew Too Much) returned to his preferred stomping ground of horror, conjuring up a spine-tingling tale of Gothic terror whose influence would resonate within the genre for years to come.
In the early 20th century, pathologist Dr Paul Eswai (Giacomo Rossi-Stuart, The Last Man on Earth) is summoned to a remote Carpathian village to perform an autopsy on a woman who died under mysterious circumstances. With the locals convinced they are being haunted by the spirit of a young girl who died years ago, can the steadfastly rational doctor find a logical explanation to the strange goings-on… or will his rational beliefs be destroyed by the dark secret that lies within the crumbling walls of the ancient Villa Graps?
Co-starring the unforgettable Erika Blanc (The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave, So Sweet… So Perverse), Kill, Baby… Kill! arrived at the tail-end of the golden age of Italian horror and is regarded by many as Bava’s masterpiece..
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- Restored 2K high definition digital transfer
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original mono Italian and English soundtracks (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- New audio commentary by Tim Lucas, author of Mario Bava – All the Colors of the Dark
- The Devil’s Daughter: Mario Bava and the Gothic Child, a new video essay by critic Kat Ellinger
- Kill, Bava, Kill!, an interview with assistant director Lamberto Bava
- Yellow, Semih Tareen’s short film homage to the cinema of Mario Bava
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
FIRST PRESSING ONLY:
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by critic Travis Crawford