American Gods

Moderator: Hughesy

Bat
Site Admin

American Gods

Postby Bat » Sun May 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Started watching American Gods on Amazon Prime thanks to the charming Ian 'Lovejoy' McShane being it it and what a weird ass series it is?!
McShane is brilliant, as always, and the main guy Shadow Moon is pretty likable.
It's really surreal in parts and a bit hard to decipher but it seems there's a war between the old gods and the new gods going down in America.

Second episode in and Peter Stormare makes an appearance as an Eastern European (no surprise there). Very stylishly made and well performed but just a little surreal for my taste. I will carry on with it though.

The most strangest aspect of the series for me, so far, has to be some female god who shags men and women who then get sucked up into her vagina, as though she consumes their souls - body included! Crazy as fuck.
Quinones
N00B

Re: American Gods

Postby Quinones » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 am

Yep this series is strange and they seem to tell a characters story and then you never see them again. The acting is phenomenol but the story line is all over the place.
Bat
Site Admin

Re: American Gods

Postby Bat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 pm

if you continue with it, the storyline settles down a bit. The latter half of the season is much better than the opening.

Return to “Television”