Olympics

Moderator: Hughesy

Bat
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Bat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 pm

So we just missed out on medals for synchonised diving. :( BUt looks like we might do well in womens weightlifting. :)
Was watching the Judo but I dunno how the hell they score points. Boxing is much better.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: Olympics

Post by juanvasquez » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I must admit, I was ready to avoid this like the plague. The constant coat tail riding and annoying advertising really put me off, but after the amazing opening ceremony, I thought I'd give it a go. Thanks to the bbc's amazing coverage, I wasn't dissapointed. It's all I've watched since Saturday! Volleyball, handball, football, swimming, hockey, gymastics, boxing and various others, all live and uninterrupted in glorious hd via red button. Brilliant stuff.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 pm

I was same as you Juan, "nah, what a load of crap Olympics will be" but like you, it's all i've been tuning into.
Swimming and gymnastics are pretty good, just watched some weightlifting. That gymnastics were shocking though. Got silver, then shunted into bronze by the Japs. I felt sorry for the Ukrainians as they had a medal one minute and lost it just as fast. :(

I tell you what I despise though.... yachting and canoing. Bores me to tears.

I like how volleyball was first on your list, Juan. :D First on Prince Harry's too! ;)
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm not a fan of these middle/upper class sports like sailing and horse riding and that. Doesn't do anything for me. The beach volleyball is very entertaining!
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Sync diving is just WOW. It's like swimming AND gymnastics. Awesome. :D