UEFA Champions Leage Discussion Thread

Moderator: Hughesy

Hughesy

UEFA Champions Leage Discussion Thread

Post by Hughesy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am

Well that is Arsenal out....totally blown away and the scary thing is that I thought AC were very average going into the tie.....

Feel sorry for the Gooners...its like my club Liverpool....they are being left behind with the financial clout of City and Chelski
The Sub-Editor of this wonderful website! Loves films, hates Halloween II (the Zombie Version) loves Halloween (The Carpenter Original)!
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: UEFA Champions Leage Discussion Thread

Post by juanvasquez » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:32 pm

I think this season has proved that money can't always buy you silver wear. I can't see Chelsea getting through to the next round. It'll be a miracle if the Gooners score in the 2nd leg, let alone put 5 past Milan! It's just unlucky that they've got so many injuries.

Slightly off topic, but I think all this speculation about Wenger being on his last legs as Arsenal boss are rubbish. Yeah they got pasted in the CL and went out in the FA Cup, but they're what, 4th/5th in the league? I think that's still pretty good going considering how open the top of the PL has become.It's gone from the big 4 to the big 6. Unless the scousers are no longer considered a threat.
Hughesy

Post by Hughesy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 pm

The way football goes at times, I won't be too suprised to see Chelsea in the final.....
The Sub-Editor of this wonderful website! Loves films, hates Halloween II (the Zombie Version) loves Halloween (The Carpenter Original)!
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:09 pm

It would be good. Despite enjoying them getting whupped in the league, I do like to see British clubs do well in Europe. And their last game was quite exciting.
Hughesy

Post by Hughesy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:30 pm

I feckin hate Chelsea mate.....and I mean hate them.....really feckin hate them......hate them...hate them.......feckin hate them.......

Hate them more than the Mancs
punkduck66
N00B

Post by punkduck66 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:20 pm

I open this thread and see the first post begin "Well that is Arsenal out...." and get ready to post that we still have a chance if we repeat the weekend's miracle against Man Utd against Bayern Munich (twice)... then I notice that the first post was from 2012! Some things never change for us Gooners :-)