Found Footage.....Old Hat Yet?

Moderator: Hughesy

Mocata
Film Fan

Re: Found Footage.....Old Hat Yet?

Post by Mocata » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Well REC delivered, will have to see the sequel at some point. The problem is looking at the release date it came out before Cloverfield and the current slew of lazy releases it inspired, so I imagine this is a one off. I did like Troll Hunter and even Earth to Echo had it's moments but I still think the fad should come to and end.
Hughesy

Post by Hughesy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:40 pm

There are some quality found footage horrors out there, the trouble is, they lost between the 95% of the crap releases
The Sub-Editor of this wonderful website! Loves films, hates Halloween II (the Zombie Version) loves Halloween (The Carpenter Original)!
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:08 am

Mocata wrote:Well REC delivered, will have to see the sequel at some point. The problem is looking at the release date it came out before Cloverfield and the current slew of lazy releases it inspired, so I imagine this is a one off. I did like Troll Hunter and even Earth to Echo had it's moments but I still think the fad should come to and end.
Rec 2 is essentially Rec 1 seen from a different angle/perspective.
Dr Lenera
HCF Staff

Post by Dr Lenera » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 pm

I've never seen Rec?

The reason? Probably silly really. I saw the remake Quarantine at the cinema and I found the shakycam so bad I had a really bad headache and felt sick for about four hours after. Now I don't like shakycam as you probably know [though I appreciate that its's justifiable in Found Footage films], and there have been other films where I've had to close my eyes or turn away [sadly quite a bit of You're Next I missed because I couldn't take it] but Quarantine really had a bad effect on me. And it's put me off Rec, though I guess it'll be easier to take watched at home, and I've seen far more of these things since then.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:21 pm

I've seen Rec a couple of times but never got motion sick from it and I tend to get motion sick really easily if the media I'm watching is shaky. I wouldn't say the original Rec was that shaky. Hand-held certainly so it has a rawness to it but the character in the film holding the camera is professional cameraman for the TV crew so it's not really shaky if memory serves me right. I've never had any issues anyway.
Dr Lenera
HCF Staff

Post by Dr Lenera » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Doesn't sound anywhere near as bad in that respect as Quarantine! Cool.