Christmas Films

Moderator: Hughesy

Bat
Site Admin

Christmas Films

Post by Bat » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:52 am

I can't believe it's December, but here we are again!
So what's your favourite Christmas movies?

I'm partial to a bit of Jingle All The Way with Arnie. It's not been on TV for years though.
I think everyone can relate to that one toy all the kids want and it's like gold dust.
Oh and this scene! ;)

Mocata
Film Fan

Re: Christmas Films

Post by Mocata » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 am

Die Hard viewing means the season official started

Probably going to do Gremlins and Scrooged sooner or later. Guess it still feels a bit early.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Yeah, it still feels early yet.
I hope to watch The Witches too. Not a Christmas film, I know, but they sometimes show it near Christmas. Got it on DVD if not. :D
Dr Lenera
HCF Staff

Post by Dr Lenera » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:07 am

I have a soft spot for Jingle All The Way, but always start laughing a lot when I think of it. The Reason? Many many years ago I used to work in a cinema. Now you recall that Booster was the name of Turbo Man's helper in the film. Months before we'd even heard of the film, this really annoying bloke called Paul started work at the cinema and we nicknamed him Booster because he always used to muck around with and sit on the booster seats [plastic seat for kids that you'd put on top of the normal seats so they can see the screen]. Then we all saw the film and for weeks we kept repeating one of the last lines in it to him which is: "go away Booster, nobody likes you".
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:20 pm

hahaha, good tale Doc. :)
Any of Arnie's kids movies make me smile. Kindergarten Cop, Last Action Hero, Junior. All good fun.