BATMAN V Superman: Discussion thread!

Moderator: Hughesy

Hughesy

BATMAN V Superman: Discussion thread!

Post by Hughesy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:48 am

It seems our review of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice has caused a bit of a stir.

There has not been a film for many years that has divided the opinion of critics and fans alike? You either love or hate Snyder's attempt at creating a DC Movie world and there seems to be no middle ground.

What did you think of the film?

Be warned this is a spoiler thread, so keep away if you haven't seen the film yet!
The Sub-Editor of this wonderful website! Loves films, hates Halloween II (the Zombie Version) loves Halloween (The Carpenter Original)!
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: BATMAN V Superman: Discussion thread!

Post by juanvasquez » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm one of those that liked it. I really enjoyed the way everything came together. And I feel like I'm the only person who welcomed the dark tone of it, as that what seems to have a lot of people up in arms!
Dr Lenera
HCF Staff

Post by Dr Lenera » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 am

I din't like it at all. Granted, I didn't like Man Of Steel [in fact I truly hated that movie], so I wasn't likely to like this follow-up, but it could have been so much better. It managed to be absurdly long and waste lots of time, yet it also felt like all the scenes which would have made sense of it all were missing. Odd.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:33 pm

I've not seen Batman V Superman nor have I seen Man of Steel but from what little clips I do see, Henry Cavill seems to have no emotion or persona as Superman nor Clark Kent.
I think I'll be sticking to Smallville and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman :lol:
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Thought Man of Steel was very average as a sci-fi spectacle, not outrage worthy by hardly great. I'll watch this on home release eventually I suppose... but it sounds worse from a script logic and general plot standpoint.
oliverrichmond67
N00B

Post by oliverrichmond67 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:57 am

An okay movie that prioritizes shared universe setup over developing a coherent story and layered characters.