Crime Games

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

Bat
Site Admin

Crime Games

Post by Bat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:04 am

So after some interesting discussions at work, I'm now playing Mafia II after it's been sitting in my Steam library for what must be donkey's years. So far, so good.
I'm really enjoying the story element of it. Wish The Godfather game had that strong writing behind it though i did enjoy that game too and still have the PS2 steelbook.
Only thing that's grinding my gears at moment with Mafia II is I keep crashing my bloody car into everything on the snow and ruining my beautiful cherry red paint job. Loving the hand-to-hand combat though.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: Crime Games

Post by juanvasquez » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:31 pm

I absolutely loved Mafia II. I was not really in to it at first, as I was basically expecting a GTA clone, but this kept things tight in rather linear. The story was fantastic, and despite to ridiculous stereotyping it was an excellent experience overall.

GTA aside (it's basically the Star Wars of video games so everyone loves it anyway) I would say Sleeping Dogs is my favourite. It's absolutely steeped in influence of Hong Kong action cinema, and the game engine worked brilliantly. I've been watching a lot of HK based films recently so I'm super tempted to start a new game with it.
Mocata
Film Fan

Re: Crime Games

Post by Mocata » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Sleeping Dogs needed a sequel.