Grand Theft Auto (all the series)

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

Bat
Site Admin

Grand Theft Auto (all the series)

Post by Bat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm currently playing GTA4 and almost completed the storyline side of the game (I think)
Me and the Cludge Judge were discussing Vice City and the previous games the other day which got me thinking: what's your most memorable and fun parts of the GTA games?

Highlights for me:

KILLLLLL FRENZY! Having to kill as many people as possible with a flamethrower in 20 seconds.
Vice City - slicing someone up with a chainsaw and driving a golf cart
Vice City - riding round in an ice-cream van selling drugs.
Vice City - Candy Sux. lol.
Vice City - the top tunes! Riding round vice city listening to Billie Jean on the radio. Love it.
GTA2: Car crushing and driving round with a body in the boot. Oooooh, and the Elvis' crossing the road going "uh uh uh!"
GTA2: "If you want to see them cry, poke em in the eye, put your fingers in their sockets and watch them fry, taxi drivers must dieeeeee!"
San Andreas: Jet pack!!! and cycling everywhere. Love cycling.
Ballad of Gay Tony: "I got Arab money!" Gotta love Yusuf Amir.

Do you know what. I find GTA4 almost as boring as GTA3? The fun aspect has gone for me. I hope GTA5 gets the Vice City/San Andreas fun back in it.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: Grand Theft Auto (all the series)

Post by juanvasquez » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 pm

I was playing Vice City last night. I love the game, and it's got the best soundtrack out the lot of them. Compared to its current gen counterparts though it is as tough as nails. The controls aren't quite as intuitive, and the cars handle like shit! I've been upside down and accidentally drowned more times than I've reached my destination! It's a brilliant game though. Id love to see an updated version of it.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:00 pm

The soundtrack is the best ever. Yet to play GTAV but I doubt it can come close. None of them have.

I remember Vice City being very difficult. Bet that's especially so now we are used to the updated game play of IV and V. But like you said, still the best one!

I've still got it on PS2 but I cannot for the life of me beat Hilary in the car chase.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:04 pm

I remember why I used to use cheat codes! I'm on to a speed boat mission where you have to beat 4 other boats and then get away without being blown up. Rock solid.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Mon May 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Think I'm about halfway through GTAV (judging from the stats on settings page). Done about 35 of 60+ missions. Loving Trevor and all the off-road stuff. Controlling three characters is rather fun. Hope more Heist missions are coming up.
Played a bit of GTA Online too. My character started as a Latino gang member and then quickly turned into John Wick complete with car. lol. I couldn't help it. Only at level 4, done a few races such as street races and off road monster trucks (which was difficult to control) as well as some deathmatches but I'm enjoying the main game more. Oh, and some girl shot me down for no reason in GTA Online so that annoyed me! :evil: (I know it's part of the game, lol) I haven't joined a crew or anything yet, so I figure I best do. Just feeling my way around the online mode at the moment.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Mon May 04, 2015 11:47 pm

The first heist in the game is one of the most exciting things I've ever done in a videogame. I love the fact that you do everything from planning to execution, and I've never been so excited playing a game when it came to actually pulling it off. My heart was racing! It plays out so wonderfully.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Tue May 05, 2015 11:20 am

Yeah, that first heist was awesome. The planning and execution was brilliant.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Not played GTA Online for a bit but I started a few heists and have got up to the prison break one. That's so difficult! We keep on dying as we try to escape the prison.