FOOTBALL MANAGER THREAD! For those who manage.....

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

Hughesy

FOOTBALL MANAGER THREAD! For those who manage.....

Post by Hughesy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Ah yes, FM... the only game that results in divorce!

Every year we say we wont get the new addition, but we do, and then spent 12 months trying to lead a team to glory....

So far....

I took over Coventry... in 3 seasons.....

First season.... finished 6th.....got into the play off final but lost 2-1 in the final...

2nd season....finished 3rd despite leading the way through out...a dramatic 6 game lose towards the end which fuckin frustrated the shit out of me..... got to the play off final and won 3.0.....

3rd Season..... finished 6th in the top division thanks to the goals by Jay Rodriques and this spanish kid Alvaro.......awesome but for £200.000

In the Summer GLASGOW RANGERS CAME CALLING....

Took over.....

1st season..

Won League and Cup Double......

Then Newcastle offered me their job.

1st season

Finished 8th....

2nd Season

Finished 5th and won FA CUP.

3rd Season...

15 GAMES IN....got knocked out of the 1st round by a minor club in the Europa league....my fault picked a young side...........resulted in a terrible start in which I lost the first six games out of 8....

Cocked up in the transfer window by selling two midfielders and failing to replace them.....(deals for others fell through)...... but havent last in the last 8 now..... all won.... Jo Jo Shelvby has come on strong next to Joe Allen in midfield and this itaillian kid I picked up for nothng is turning into a wonderful buy........
The Sub-Editor of this wonderful website! Loves films, hates Halloween II (the Zombie Version) loves Halloween (The Carpenter Original)!
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: FOOTBALL MAMAGER THREAD! For those who manage.....

Post by juanvasquez » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:41 am

There's a crowdfunding campaign starting up for the original football manager game to come to iOS/Android. I remember playing it with my dad on the Acorn Electron way back when tapes were still the popular format for games.

I wonder if the teams will be updated, or if it'll still have the players that are as old as my dad?