What game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

Bat
Site Admin

What game are you currently playing?

Post by Bat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Just completed South Park: Stick of Truth, so expect a review of that shortly. I don't think I've ever laughed as much during a game.

Dunno what to play next. Got a huge list to choose from. GTA V was meant come out at the end of the month so would have snuck a small game in but seeing as that's been delayed til March, I might have a tinker with The Forest or Tomb Raider.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: What game are you currently playing?

Post by juanvasquez » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm currently playing through Super Mario Galaxy on Wii. Started playing it the other day for some reason. I've had it years but never got in to it, but I started again and I'm rather enjoying it. I'd say it's almost as good as 3D World. Maybe.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:56 pm

I've finished Mario Galaxy, which was superb BTW, and I've started on Mario Galaxy 2, which is even better!

Also, after playing some Resident Evil remake on Gamecube, I decided to get Resi 4 on Wii, which is brilliant so far, even with the wiimote.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Started The Forest yesterday, another Alpha game.
Your aeroplane crash lands in a jungle and a tribesman steals your kid. Your left on your own and have to build a fire and shelter and stuff, but at night, cannibals come. So far, so good. I totally sucked on the first go, and the first-person aspect made me a little motion sick, but hoping to have a few more goes.
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:52 pm

As much as I dislike the Metal Gear games which came out after MGS3, I have to admit that I am enjoying the latest one. Apparently the story is terrible but I expect nothing less. For the time being it's great flying about Kabul doing hit and run missions on horse back and kidnapping enemy personnel. Like Red Dead Redemption but with more extraction balloons.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm yet to pla MGS V, but it does seem to be a complete departure from what has been so far. The first 3 are brilliant, and I enjoyed 4. I know it's nearer in terms of gameplay to Peace Walker, which I really struggled to get in to. But I'm still super hyped to play TPP. And Ground Zeroes for that matter.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 pm

I've only got and played MGS 1. Great game though. Would love to play the others.

I'm itching to begin Ghostbusters. lol.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Ghostbusters is great. I really enjoyed it. There are sections where it gets a little repetitive, but it's not a particularly long game, so it doesn't get boring.

I'm currently playing Shadow Complex. Decided to have a go on it the other day for the first time in years, got hooked almost straight away. It's really good.
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 pm

juanvasquez wrote:I'm yet to pla MGS V, but it does seem to be a complete departure from what has been so far. The first 3 are brilliant, and I enjoyed 4. I know it's nearer in terms of gameplay to Peace Walker, which I really struggled to get in to. But I'm still super hyped to play TPP. And Ground Zeroes for that matter.
Well Peace Walker was very mission based for a portable system (as well as having a terrible plot written for the school playground involving anime girls etc) and while this does carry over the "personal army" management sim elements of assigning troops and funding R&D to create new technology and weapons, it really is more of an open world. Now you can actually see the base you are making and wander around it, even if the helicopter rides are a pain. But the main stuff is infiltration, planning your missions, stealing enemy staff and supplies. Kinda miss the codec though, so many cassette tapes for exposition. You can tell Kiefer Sutherland was expensive, hardly says a word.

Anyway we are also doing some two player Dragons Crown. The art style is as gorgeous as the character design is ridiculous. Outside the RPG skill and item management it's standard left to right brawler territory.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:34 pm

I'm currently playing Bedlam. It's about this woman who wakes up in various retro games. And she's Scottish. Only played first level so far but I find it quite humorous, especially the Scottish lady's comments and the whole retro-ness of it is gorgeous. Apparently it's based on a book.