What game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: What game are you currently playing?

Post by juanvasquez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:30 pm

I bought Final Fantasy VII again. This time it's a Pc port on PS4. Looks so much better than the PS1 version.and there's trophies too. I've just done up to Wall Market so far. Loving it even more! Although they've ironed out the spelling errors and bits that got lost in translation. That's me lost in it till summer!
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Did they fix the music? I remember old PC version having different midi files of some kind. The remake just won't be the same will it.... looking at you Don Corneo
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 pm

The music seems pretty much intact so far. Some of the sound effects have been missing though. Nothing major, just some in the comical bits.

This version is basically all I wanted from the remake, improved visuals.

If they leave Wall Market out of the remake, well... Ruined.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm playing loads different stuff at minute as I've got things to review.
Currently playing Between Me and the Night and Plantera.
The first one is strange gameplay but interesting, no dialogue whilst Plantera is pretty much inspired by Harvest Moon but with furry creatures and very addictive!
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Just done with The Darkness II. Using powers is fun but it devolves into a mindless shooter fast and has a huge anti-climax. Meh.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Have you played the first one? That was a real surprise. It's probably dated horribly now, but at the time it was a hidden gem. Wasn't a fan of the art style in the 2nd game. I enjoyed the story though.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Oooh I've got The Darkness II but guess what? Yep, not played it yet. Story of my life.
Currently playing Punch Club. So addictive!!! And I've just met my steriod *ahem* I mean 'magical potions' dealer in game. hahahaha.

Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:38 pm

juanvasquez wrote:Have you played the first one? That was a real surprise. It's probably dated horribly now, but at the time it was a hidden gem. Wasn't a fan of the art style in the 2nd game. I enjoyed the story though.
Yeah the first was okay, I think I preferred the two-guns & two demon arms gameplay in this. But both forgettable overall.

Back to Bayonetta today. I suck at anything more than Normal mode a lot, but it's drained a lot of hours.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 am

I've just finished the first episode of Life is Strange, and it's fucking great (swear may be influenced by the amount of bad language in it). pretty much the same things struck me as seen in Bat's review from last year, it looks great, has some great voice acting and a wonderful visual/aural style to it.

And that's without delving in to the characters and being able to relate to certain aspects. I'm looking forward to getting in to episode 2. I'm pleased the praise heaped on it wasn't just hype.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 pm

I was gonna wait until I'd finished Life is Strange, but I've made a start on Arkham Knight and it's been brilliant so far.

It's very similar to Arkham City as you'd expect but everything seems tighter and more refined, and the bad guys are a lot smarter too.

I'd heard complaints about the batmobile in this one, but so far it's been alright. The graphics are pretty awesome as well. It's one of few games I've played on the ps4 so far where it actually looks like a step up from the previous gen.