Silent Hill

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

Bat
Site Admin

Silent Hill

Post by Bat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 pm

After recently discussing Silent Hill 2 with my work colleague, I thought it'd be worth setting up a thread to discuss the Silent Hill games. I've only played Silent Hill 2 which I loved but I'm looking to play the others.

Any other fans out there?
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: Silent Hill

Post by juanvasquez » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Silent Hill 2 is definitely the pinnacle of the series, but you should definitely try out the others. The first is brilliant, and still pretty damn scary, and the 3rd is pretty decent too.

I've played The Room, but I thought it was a bit of a chore. And Homecoming felt a bit too action-y for a Silent Hill game.

I haven't played Downpour or Book of Memories. Or Origins.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:16 pm

I was a bit young at the time for Silent Hill one, not that that usually stopped me playing those sort of games (I just didn't really take notice at the time) and when I finally got around to really discovering the series, I went with Silent Hill 2 because Silent Hill for PS1 was like gold dust and damn expensive. Really keen to check the others out though. Homecoming is on PC so I keep waiting for it to come down in price in the sale.

I remember crapping myself when I first saw Pyramid Head behind those bars in the corridor in SH2. Then his mannequin antics in that room just made me go WTF?! hahaha
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:15 pm

SH2 really messed with your head. The music and moments like when you first see pyramid head really screw with you!
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:23 pm

I remember hooking it up to the surround sound at 2am in morning and nearly shat meself from just the music. It's a very creepy, atmospheric game!
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:07 pm

I think 1-3 are good but saying that I "enjoyed" them is a bit much, they're just too sinister to be real fun to me.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Horror films I can watch all day every day, not a problem. Horror games make me squeal! They really terrify me!! I think it's because you actually become the character as you control it.