Calling all Argento fans!
I can hear Evil Bill screaming in the corner like some crazed loon. Do you want to know why? Well, Arrow are releasing a spruced up Blu-Ray edition of Dario Argento’s The Cat O’ Nine Tails this September, and our Bill just happens to be the biggest Argento fan going.
Arrow have released and are releasing many of Argento’s classics in these super cool editions packed with collectors goodies. The artwork on these are to die for.
Check it out below and try not to drool all over your keyboard!
Caught between the truth and a murderer’s hand!
A break in at a genetics lab leads to a spiralling vortex of bloody murder in Cat O’ Nine Tails, Dario Argento’s 70s Giallo classic.
Strange circumstances surrounding the crime pique the interest of a journalist and a blind crossword compiler whose sharp ears have overheard talk of blackmail. However, all the would be investigators leads soon regret the help they gave as scientists die in front of speeding trains and photographers are viciously slain while others fall to their screaming deaths down elevator shafts in this surreal and nightmarish thriller from one of the acknowledged masters of Italian horror.
As the body count increases, will no one escape the sting of Cat O’ Nine Tails?
THIS AMAZING EDITION CONTAINS:
– 4 Sleeve art options with original and newly commissioned artwork
– Two-sided fold-out poster
– Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento’
BLU-RAY DISC CONTAINS:
– Brand new High Definition transfer of the film (1080p)
– Optional English and Italian Mono Audio
– Dario Argento Remembers Cat O’ Nine Tails (1080p)
– Cat O’ Nine Tails in Reflection, an interview with long-time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi (1080p)
– Sergio Martino: The Art and Arteries of the Giallo (1080p)
– Original Trailer
Artwork by Rick Melton
In original 2.35:1 (16×9) aspect ratio
Optional English and Italian Language with English subtitles for Italian language
111 mins approx
BD50 Region ABC
Released 26th September 2011