Sega recently released the box art and more screen shots, as well as more details of what to new features to expect, for the upcoming House of the Dead Overkill: Extended Cut, out on PS3 Move in October. An HD upgrade of the original Wii zombie shooter has been reworked with several new features exclusively for the PS3.
- PlayStation® Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
- OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition graphics and stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
- Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Exclusive missing reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
- Online leaderboards to track high scores and stats
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
- New PlayStation trophies to unlock
- Improved boss fights in all levels
- New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
The art work has a grindhouse feel to it which is hopefully some indication as to the tone of the game. It looks great and should be a must buy for all PS3 owning horror fans.
Finally we have something Move compatible to really look forward to!
HotD Overkill: Extended Cut will be hitting shelves 25th October.