The impressive promotional material continues to flood in for American Horror Story: Asylum, and today we just have the most interesting bit of news yet!
The tenth, TENTH, teaser clip has been released, titled Bandages it once again creeps us out while totally baffling us as to what the hell it means. In October it will all become clear, but to help learn a little more about what to expect from the second season, EW got their hands on some brief character details, which we can share right here with you. Now remember, before reading the descriptions of the characters, the old cast who will be returning are playing opposites to the characters they played in the first season.
On top of all that, we also have ten images from the second season to share with you, and you will find them in an image gallery at the bottom of this post.
The new season takes place in the 1960’s in a mental asylum on the East Coast. The majority of the original cast are returning, although they will be playing the opposite to the characters they portrayed in the superb first season. Ryan Murphy is back in charge of the series, and apart from the cast, much of the story has been kept quiet. We do know that the new season focuses on Jessica Lange’s new character who is the head of the Asylum.
American Horror Story: Asylum is due to begin on FX in October.
The cast consists of Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe with the newbies being Adam Levine, Jenna Dewan, Clea DuVall, James Cromwell, Franka Potente, Mark Consuelos, Lizzie Brochere, Joseph Fiennes, Chloë Sevigny, and Chris Zylka.
Here are those character descriptions:
- Jessica Lange – Sister Jude, a nun who’s “more sadistic than saintly
- Zachary Quinto – Dr. Thredson, a psychiatrist who butts heads with Sister Jude over his forward-thinking ways.
- James Cromwell – Dr. Arden, a doctor whose sadistic experiments created a group of mutated humans known as the Raspers.
- Lily Rabe – Sister Eunice, second-in-command to Sister Jude.
- Joseph Fiennes – Monsignor Timothy O’Hara, Sister Jude’s superior and the object of her affections.
- Adam Levine – Leo, one half of a newlywed couple visiting modern-day Briarcliff.
- Jenna Dewan Tatum – Teresa, the bride of Adam Levine’s character.
- Evan Peters – Kit, a new Briarcliff inmate who is accused of murdering his wife.
- Sarah Paulson – Lana, a lesbian journalist who is committed by her girlfriend after she “nearly exposes Briarcliff’s darkest secrets.
- Chloe Sevigny – Shelley, a mysterious nymphomaniac.
By Matt Wavish