The latest teaser poster has been revealed for Rob Zombie’s highly anticipated new horror, The Lords of Salem. It is a minimal affair, but only heightens the level of intrigue surrounding this film. In case you missed them, I have also included the previous two posters which were released recently. The Lords of Salem is gearing up for its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival which begins on 6th September.
Check out all our previous stories here
The terrific cast of veterans includes:
- Sheri Moon Zombie as Heidi Hawthorne
- Richard Lynch as Reverend John Hawthorne
- Bruce Davison as Francis Matthias
- Meg Foster as Margaret Morgan
- Ernest Lee Thomas as Chip “Freakshow” McDonald
- Jeff Daniel Phillips as Herman “Whitey” Salvador
- Ken Foree as Herman Jackson
- Torsten Voges as Count Gorgann
- Dee Wallace as Sonny
- Billy Drago as Judge Samuel Mather
- Lisa Marie as Priscilla Reed
- María Conchita Alonso as Alice Matthias
- Barbara Crampton as Virginia Cable
- Christopher Knight as Keith “Lobster Joe” Williams
- Michael Berryman as Virgil Magnus
- Sid Haig as Dean Magnus
- Judy Geeson as Lacy Doyle
- Patricia Quinn as Megan
- Daniel Roebuck as The Frankenstein Monster
- Camille Keaton as Doris Von Fux
- Udo Kier as Matthew Hopkins
- Clint Howard as Carlo Caravaggio
Jason Blum, Steven Schneider, and Oren Peli of Haunted Pictures are producing as well as Zombie regulars Andy Gould and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones. Zombie’s guitarist John 5 is set to handle the score.
Heidi, a blonde rock chick, DJs at a local radio station and, together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster), forms part of the “Big H Radio Team”.
A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, “a gift from the Lords”. She assumes it’s a rock band on a mission to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords’ record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.
Later Whitey plays the Lords’ record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with listeners.
The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H Team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon Heidi and her cohorts find that the gig is far from the rock spectacle they’re expecting: The original Lords of Salem are returning, and they’re out for BLOOD.
By Matt Wavish