A new trailer has been revealed to not only remind us that Christopher’s Nolan’s epic conclusion to his Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, arrives on Blu-ray here in the UK on 3rd December, but also to tell us a little about some of the bonus features we can expect to enjoy. The trailer hints at some of the goodies we will be able to exeprience, and Amazon provide a full list of bonus features on the Blu-ray set which you can read next:
- The Batmobile- Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring pinnacle of technology as the most awe-inspiring weapon in Birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.
- The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking- Production – Ending the Knight- See how Christopher Nolan and his filmmaking team staged the film’s high-flying opening sequence
- Return to the Batcave- Production – Witness the reconstruction of the Batcave with time-lapse photography
- Beneath Gotham- Director Christopher Nolan and the production designers discuss the design and build of Bane’s lair.
- The Bat Pod – Director Christopher Nolan gives Batman a new mode of transportation in The Dark Knight Rises.
- Batman vs Bane- The filmmakers and actors reveal how they planned and shot the epic fight sequence between Batman and Bane.
- Armory Accepted- See how special effects and a miniature unit were used to simulate the demolition drop of the Tumbler through the ceiling
- Gameday Destruction -The filmmakers describe the production plan that went into executing the jaw-dropping demolition sequence at Gotham Stadium
- Demolishing a City Street- Learn how a series of practical special effects were used to simulate the complete destruction of a city street
- The Pit -The filmmakers explain the design and construction of two giant, vertical sets: the underground prison and the well
- The Chant- Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer discuss the creation of the chant that formed the basis of the score’s
- The War on Wall Street- Get a glimpse behind the coordination and production of the epic battle for Gotham City
- Race to the Reactor – Watch how the filmmakers orchestrated the film’s climactic chase sequence with multiple Tumblers and the Batpod
- The Journey of The Dark Knight- Get insight into story and thematic choices that structured the final chapter of Bruce Wayne’s journey as Batman. Supported by interviews with CN, Jonah Nolan, David Goyer
- Gotham’s Reckoning- The filmmakers reflect on their reinvention of Bane and all the elements that went into making him Batman’s most lethal and his wardrobe.
- A Girls Gotta Eat- The filmmakers discuss the challenge of bringing an iconic character to life, detailing the acting choices, fashion, training and her tactical-ego of Catwoman.
- Shadows & Light in Large Format- Discover the philosophy and methodology of capturing The Dark Knight Rises on the grand canvas of ImaxTM film.
- The End of A Legend- The filmmakers give their final thoughts on working on The Dark Knight Rises and what it was like to be a part of.
- Trailer Archive
The Dark Knight Rises” is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy. It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.