Director and musician Rob Zombie took to his Facebook page to announce the glorious rating his new film, the Lords of Salem, has achieved courtesy of the MPAA. As expected, the film has been granted an R-rating, which pretty much guarantees an 18 certificate here in the UK. Let’s be honest though, did you expect anything less? Here is how Zombie told it on his Facebook page:
Finally THE LORDS OF SALEM gets an R rating ! It will carry the rating — Rated R for “Disturbing violent and sexual content, graphic nudity, language, and some drug use”
Check out all our previous stories, including the stunning trailer, here
The terrific cast of veterans includes:
- Sheri Moon Zombie as Heidi Hawthorne
- Richard Lynch as Reverend John Hawthorne
- Bruce Davison as Francis Matthias
- Meg Foster as Margaret Morgan
- Ernest Lee Thomas as Chip “Freakshow” McDonald
- Jeff Daniel Phillips as Herman “Whitey” Salvador
- Ken Foree as Herman Jackson
- Torsten Voges as Count Gorgann
- Dee Wallace as Sonny
- Billy Drago as Judge Samuel Mather
- Lisa Marie as Priscilla Reed
- María Conchita Alonso as Alice Matthias
- Barbara Crampton as Virginia Cable
- Christopher Knight as Keith “Lobster Joe” Williams
- Michael Berryman as Virgil Magnus
- Sid Haig as Dean Magnus
- Judy Geeson as Lacy Doyle
- Patricia Quinn as Megan
- Daniel Roebuck as The Frankenstein Monster
Jason Blum, Steven Schneider, and Oren Peli of Haunted Pictures are producing as well as Zombie regulars Andy Gould and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones. Zombie’s guitarist John 5 is set to handle the score.
Heidi, a blonde rock chick, DJs at a local radio station and, together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster), forms part of the “Big H Radio Team”.
A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, “a gift from the Lords”. She assumes it’s a rock band on a mission to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords’ record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.
Later Whitey plays the Lords’ record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with listeners.
The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H Team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon Heidi and her cohorts find that the gig is far from the rock spectacle they’re expecting: The original Lords of Salem are returning, and they’re out for BLOOD.