Since the release of the rather stunning trailer for Rob Zombie’s Lords of Salem, things have gone a little quiet. All we have found out since is that the film (naturally) has been granted an R-rating in the US, and most recently it was revealed that the film will arrive in US cinemas on 26th April.
Sadly there is still no official date announced for here in the UK (boo!!!) but we do have a new behind the scenes image to share with you. The pic shows stars Michael Berryman and Sid Haig looking menacing, dirty and rather nasty while on set. Zombie himself is in the picture also looking pretty horrible, but the most unsettling thing is that horrific looking thing in the middle to Zombie’s left. I can only presume it is a torture device from the film itself? Creepy!
Check out all our previous stories, including the stunning trailer, here
The terrific cast of veterans includes:
- Sheri Moon Zombie as Heidi Hawthorne
- Richard Lynch as Reverend John Hawthorne
- Bruce Davison as Francis Matthias
- Meg Foster as Margaret Morgan
- Ernest Lee Thomas as Chip “Freakshow” McDonald
- Jeff Daniel Phillips as Herman “Whitey” Salvador
- Ken Foree as Herman Jackson
- Torsten Voges as Count Gorgann
- Dee Wallace as Sonny
- Billy Drago as Judge Samuel Mather
- Lisa Marie as Priscilla Reed
- María Conchita Alonso as Alice Matthias
- Barbara Crampton as Virginia Cable
- Christopher Knight as Keith “Lobster Joe” Williams
- Michael Berryman as Virgil Magnus
- Sid Haig as Dean Magnus
- Judy Geeson as Lacy Doyle
- Patricia Quinn as Megan
- Daniel Roebuck as The Frankenstein Monster
Jason Blum, Steven Schneider, and Oren Peli of Haunted Pictures are producing as well as Zombie regulars Andy Gould and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones. Zombie’s guitarist John 5 is set to handle the score.
Heidi, a blonde rock chick, DJs at a local radio station and, together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster), forms part of the “Big H Radio Team”.
A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, “a gift from the Lords”. She assumes it’s a rock band on a mission to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords’ record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.
Later Whitey plays the Lords’ record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with listeners.
The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H Team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon Heidi and her cohorts find that the gig is far from the rock spectacle they’re expecting: The original Lords of Salem are returning, and they’re out for BLOOD.
(Follow me on Twitter)