Scanners, one of the most iconic horror films of the eighties from legendary director David Cronenberg (Cosmopolis, A History of Violence, The Fly), comes to Blu-ray for the first time in a highly collectable limited edition steelbook thanks to Second Sight Films.
Drifter Cameron Vale is plagued by incessant voices in his head unaware he is a Scanner, a group of people with extraordinary powers who can not only read minds but literally tear them apart. He is discovered by Dr Paul Ruth, a scientist aiming to help his kind adaprt to society. However an underground movement of Scanners led by psychotic Derryl Revok have other intentions and the ultimate confontation of minds awaits.
This cult classic horror comes to Blu-ray as a limited edition steelbook along with a DVD release on 8 April 2013 complete with a slew of brilliant new special feature including:
· MY ART KEEPS ME SANE – Interview with star Stephen Lack
· THE EYE OF SCANNERS – Interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
· THE CHAOS OF SCANNERS – Interview with executive producer Pierre David
· EXPLOPING BRAINS & POPPING VEINS – Interview with makeup effects artist Stephen Dupuis
· BAD GUY DANE – Interview with actor Lawrence Dane
Scanners II: The New Order and Scanners III: The Takeover will also be released for the first time on Blu-ray only as single releases on 8 April 2013.