A very impressive, but more conventional trailer has arrived for Rob Zombie’s latest horror masterpiece, The Lords of Salem. Also with it comes a bright, shiny new yellow coloured poster and a new US release date of 19th April 2013.
The first, operatic trailer was mesmerizing in its imagery and dark and delicious atmosphere, while today’s trailer plays out with a lot more plot building and much more in the way of a ‘normal’ trailer. Included in this green-band trailer is still plenty of creepy imagery and a wonderful, brooding soundtrack. There is also much more time spent with the characters of the film, especially Sheri Moon Zombie taking up most of the screentime and flaunting her looks. I must say this trailer has got me even more excited than the one before it, and I cannot wait!
Check out all our previous stories, including the stunning trailer, here
The terrific cast of veterans includes:
- Sheri Moon Zombie as Heidi Hawthorne
- Richard Lynch as Reverend John Hawthorne
- Bruce Davison as Francis Matthias
- Meg Foster as Margaret Morgan
- Ernest Lee Thomas as Chip “Freakshow” McDonald
- Jeff Daniel Phillips as Herman “Whitey” Salvador
- Ken Foree as Herman Jackson
- Torsten Voges as Count Gorgann
- Dee Wallace as Sonny
- Billy Drago as Judge Samuel Mather
- Lisa Marie as Priscilla Reed
- María Conchita Alonso as Alice Matthias
- Barbara Crampton as Virginia Cable
- Christopher Knight as Keith “Lobster Joe” Williams
- Michael Berryman as Virgil Magnus
- Sid Haig as Dean Magnus
- Judy Geeson as Lacy Doyle
- Patricia Quinn as Megan
- Daniel Roebuck as The Frankenstein Monster
Jason Blum, Steven Schneider, and Oren Peli of Haunted Pictures are producing as well as Zombie regulars Andy Gould and Brian Kavanaugh-Jones. Zombie’s guitarist John 5 is set to handle the score.
The film will have its UK premiere at Film Fours Frightfest in Glasgow at 17:30 on Friday 24th February, but an official UK cinema release is yet to be announced.
Heidi, a blonde rock chick, DJs at a local radio station and, together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster), forms part of the “Big H Radio Team”.
A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, “a gift from the Lords”. She assumes it’s a rock band on a mission to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords’ record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma.
Later Whitey plays the Lords’ record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with listeners.
The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H Team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon Heidi and her cohorts find that the gig is far from the rock spectacle they’re expecting: The original Lords of Salem are returning, and they’re out for BLOOD.
(Follow me on Twitter)