Arrow Video is pleased to announce the UK Blu-ray & DVD debut of Boaz Davidson’s coming-of-age classic THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN on Monday 16th September.
One of the quintessential teen movies of the 1980’s, this special release marks the first time that film will be available to own in the UK on Blu-ray and DVD formats.
Starring scream queen Diane Franklin in the role that made her an icon, alongside Lawrence Monoson and Steve Antin, Arrow’s dual format Blu-ray & DVD release of THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN will come loaded with special features and bonus material.
Alongside exclusive featurettes, a reversible sleeve (featuring original and newly commissioned artwork) and the original trailer, the deluxe package will include a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film and another fantastic interview with horror aficionado Eli Roth (Hostel), who is a huge fan of the movie.
THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN follows Gary, Rick and David – three American teenagers with one thing on their mind…
They move from party to party, trying out their latest chat-up lines, which usually end in miserable failure, especially for Gary, who’s more interested in finding true romance than a quick fumble in someone’s parents’ bedroom.
When new girl Karen (Diane Franklin) arrives at the boy’s high school, Gary falls head over heels in love, but Rick’s baser intentions towards her threaten to jeopardise their friendship for good.
Championed by Roth as one of the most underrated films of its era, THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN is a raucous but surprisingly intelligent and sobering look at the hideousness of growing up, peer pressures, misplaced expectations and unforeseen consequences.
It’s also acts as a superb snapshot of the early Eighties music scene, with the soundtrack featuring Blondie, Devo, KC and the Sunshine Band, The Police, U2 and many others.
A full breakdown of the special features and bonus material included in this dual format release is as follows:
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film, available in the UK for the first time!
– Original uncompressed PCM Stereo soundtrack on the Blu-ray.
– Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
– “The First American Remake” – A new interview with director Boaz Davidson.
– “Memories of a Pizza Boy” – A new interview with star Lawrence Monoson.
– “Babe of the Eighties” – A new interview with star Diane Franklin.
– “In Praise of Smaller Movies” – An interview with cinematographer Adam Greenberg.
– Original Trailer.
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Red Dress.
– Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and publisher Robin Bougie and an interview with THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN super fan Eli Roth conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.