WHAT: Ubisoft is rewarding the commitment of its biggest fans by giving them opportunities to take part in E3, the world’s premier show for video games. Twelve creative and dedicated Uplay members from around the world will be chosen to join Ubisoft in Los Angeles for this year’s show. As “Uplay Ambassadors” they will receive the VIP treatment, including all-expenses paid travel, access to the E3 show floor, a ticket to the Ubisoft press conference and exclusive meetings with Ubisoft’s development teams. Ten ambassadors will be picked from among the most dedicated members of Ubisoft’s games’ communities, and two members will become ambassadors by winning fan contests.
One thousand additional Uplay members will receive an invitation to the Uplay lounge, a pop-up event being held in an impressive location near the Los Angeles Convention Center. At the Uplay lounge, members will have hands-on time with games from Ubisoft’s E3 lineup as well as time to discuss their favorite titles with Ubisoft’s teams, compete against other fans and win prizes.
WHO (& HOW): Uplay members can win one of two contests to become an ambassador:
- The Uplay Fan Art Contest. Uplay members can show their talents by creating fan art based on their favorite Ubisoft titles. The jury for the contest is composed of members of Ubisoft’s Montpellier studio, and the winner will not only become an ambassador but also will have his or her art animated by the Montpellier team. More details are available here.
- The Uplay Fan Video Contest. Participants can submit a video in one of three categories: Cosplayer, for creators with amazing costumes talents; Competitor, for the best speed-runners or most skilled players; and, Filmmaker, for fans who want to show off their filmmaking talents. More details are available here.
The 1,000 Uplay members who receive invitations to the Uplay lounge will be chosen from those who pre-register at www.uplaylounge.com. Anyone who is not chosen or is unable to make it to Los Angeles still will be able to see E3 highlights via exclusive videos, photos and other surprises found at www.uplaylounge.com
WHY: Uplay wants to reward and surprise its loyal members by providing exclusive live experiences, and by delivering an immersive online experience.
The Uplay lounge and Uplay Ambassador program are part of the broader rewards Uplay provides to dedicated Ubisoft fans.
– Registrations for the Uplay lounge start today
– The fan art contest started April 8 and end April 30
– The fans video contest will start April 15 and end April 30
– The Uplay lounge will open its doors June 9 and close June 12
WHERE: The Uplay Lounge will be located inside The Standard hotel in downtown Los Angeles. More information available at www.uplaylounge.com