Over the past few days TMZ have revealed a huge amount of leaked photos from the set of JJ Abrams’, Star Wars: Episode VII, and should you wish to view these images then click here to see them.
The images feature some of the monsters being created for the film, and a ton of other stuff showing that Abrams has made good on his promise to use practical effects as much as possible. As expected the signs are looking very good so far for Episode VII, but TMZ revealed one huge photo which blew up all over the Internet yesterday.
A ship is being built on the Star Wars set, a ship which I am sure all fans will recognise to be The Millennium Falcon, and below you will find the leaked photo. The photos have been leaked by someone very close to the films production.
However, while the actual construction of the ship is mouth wateringly amazing, even more cool is Abrams’ response. He has said he intends to be a little more open on the production of the seventh Star Wars film, however I am sure these leaked photos have upset him. Yet, instead of his usual painfully secretive self, he is embracing the photo of the Millennium Falcon and having some fun with it, and I say fair play.
Abrams Tweeted the following message earlier today, which is a clear indication that the ship will feature in the film.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) June 4, 2014
Why is this a clear indication? Well, correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t the post-it note stuck to the same game board used by Chewbacca and C-390? The game which Chewie loses and then loses his temper while onboard the iconic ship? Is this Abrams confirming the rumours?
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the Saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
In further news, Chronicle director Josh Trank has joined the Star Wars universe, and will direct another spin-off movie, joining Godzilla director Gareth Edwards who was recently announced to be directing th first spin-off feature.
Disney has previously said it wants to release a new “Star Wars” film every year, following “Star Wars: Episode VII,” out Dec. 18, 2015. Last month, Disney chief Bob Iger said the company and Lucasfilm plan to produce three more films and “at least” three spinoffs over the next decade.
As with Edwards’ movie, no details have been revealed for Trank’s film, but we do have the official press release next:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney continue development of multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. The newest director to come on board is Josh Trank.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Josh into the family,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX.”
Trank states, “The magic of the Star Wars Universe defined my entire childhood. The opportunity to expand on that experience for future generations is the most incredible dream of all time.”
Trank captured imaginations worldwide with his critically lauded directorial debut Chronicle, a fresh and engaging take on the superhero genre. Trank is currently at work on The Fantastic Four for 20th Century Fox.