Its been a few months since the last trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, and here we are, with a brand new full length trailer to enjoy, and enjoy you will.
All brought together with a beltering soundtrack, the new trailer shows a lot, but still only scratches the surface of Tarantino’s snow covered revenge filled Western, and my God it looks wonderful. There seems to be plenty of action to look forward to, but being a Tarantino film, it’s all about the dialogue, and judging by the trailer we are going to be spoiled with some classic Tarantino chit chat. I cannot wait for this!
The Hateful Eight is written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.
Here are the key cast names of the film, and who they will be playing:
- Kurt Russell as John Ruth, a “mean sonuvabitch” bounty hunter on his way to Red Rock with a murderous woman in tow.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, a former Union officer who lives in the Wyoming mountains.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue, an infamous outlaw taken prisoner by Ruth.
- Michael Madsen as Joe Gage, a cowboy.
- Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray, a Brit and new hangman of Red Rock.
- Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, a Southerner who claims to be the sheriff.
- Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers, a former Confederate general.
- Demian Bichir as Bob, a Mexican man who’se taken over innkeeper duties at Minnie’s while the owner is away.
- Channing Tatum also appears in the film in an unspecified role.
The Hateful Eight will have a limited 70mm release in the US on Christmas Day, and then a full release will follow in the US and the UK on 8th January.
Here is the official synopsis:
In THE HATEFUL EIGHT, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff.
Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie’s Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…