Now this hasn’t yet been confirmed by Eon Films yet, and you shouldn’t believe everything you read in The Sun, but this ‘news’ has been reported by a few other websites and on-line newspapers too and I have a hunch that it’s true. Supposedly Craig, despite being on the verge of quitting the franchise following the release of Spectre, has signed a contract to star in not just one more but two more James Bond films after being persuaded by Eon chief and current series producer Barbara Broccoli. Said a ‘source’ to the rag:
“There was plenty of talk about who would be the next Bond but Barbara has managed to talk Daniel into two more films. He is loved by audiences around the world and has driven a real resurgence for the movies at the box office, so bosses knew they couldn’t lose him just yet.”
Supposedly one of the reasons behind Craig’s U-turn is the fact that Sam Mendes stepped down as director after Spectre. Said the ‘insider’:
“Daniel and Sam were best buddies when they first started working together and you would constantly see them laughing and joking. But after filming had been going on for a while, things started to change. There were a few areas in which they had very different creative opinions and their friendship did become strained.”
The studio recently announced that the 25th Bond film will hit cinemas on November 8 2019, although the cast and director are yet to be officially revealed.