To celebrate the Blu-ray release of THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, available on Blu-ray from 13th November, we have a copy of the film on Blu-ray up for grabs, courtesy of Arrow Video!
Based on the novel by the massively influential sci-fi and horror writer Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, The Martian Chronicles), with a script adapted by Matheson himself, and directed by Fifties sci-fi king Jack Arnold (Creature From The Black Lagoon), this is rightly regarded as being one of the finest science-fiction films of all time, a critically-acclaimed smash hit that currently has a 90 per cent score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Genuinely thrilling, and, as Scott’s plight becomes more desperate, tense and gruelling, the film features superbly realised special effects that bely the era, and the setting Scott finds himself in – filled with oversized household objects that suddenly become threatening and dangerous – takes on a wonderfully surreal atmosphere.
This beautiful UK Blu-ray debut features a documentary on Jack Arnold, the pioneer behind Creature From The Black Lagoon and It Came From Outer Space; new sleeve artwork and a collector’s booklet; as well as, for old school enthusiasts, a Super 8 presentation of the film – the incredible shrinking reel, if you like.
- Grant Williams (The Monolith Monsters, Written on the Wind)
- Randy Stuart (All About Eve)
- April Kent (I’ve Lived Before)
- Paul Langton (They Were Expendable)
- Raymond Bailey (Vertigo)
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Auteur on the Campus: Jack Arnold at Universal – an extended documentary about the early career of director Jack Arnold at Universal-International studios
- There Is No Zero: Writing The Shrinking Man – an in-depth conversation with author Richard Christian Matheson about his father and the creation of the original Incredible Shrinking Man novel
- Super 8 cut-down version
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- ?FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman
For your chance to win THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN on Blu-Ray, enter via Rafflecopter below.
The competition will close at 11.59pm GMT on Saturday 25th November 2017 and one valid comment will be chosen and notified by email.
• This promotion is open to UK residents only.
• One entry per household
• There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner
• 1 winner will win 1x The Incredible Shrinking Man on Blu-Ray
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.