Arrow Video have announced they’re set to release THE SENDER on Blu-Ray on 17th June 2019.
Your dreams will never be the same.
Following his Academy Award success working on Star Wars and Alien and directing two breakout short films, British newcomer Roger Christian made his feature directing debut with The Sender, a shocking psychic thriller filled with unforgettably chilling nightmare imagery.
After an unsuccessful suicide attempt, an amnesiac young man (Željko Ivanek, Hannibal) is labelled “John Doe #83” and admitted to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation. Dr Gail Farmer (Kathryn Harrold, Modern Romance) tries to establish a connection with him, but soon begins to experience frightening hallucinations. She quickly realises that the cause of these waking nightmares is none other than the mysterious John Doe, and the strange woman (Academy Award nominee Shirley Knight, The Dark at the Top of the Stairs) who visits the hospital claiming to be his mother…
Hailed by none other than Quentin Tarantino as his favourite film of 1982, and boasting an virtuoso early score by Trevor Jones (The Last Of The Mohicans), The Sender is a stylish precursor to the “rubber reality” dream-logic special effects seen in films like the A Nightmare on Elm Street series, but retains a horrific power of its own.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-Ray presentation
- Original uncompressed stereo audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Roger Christian
- Newly-filmed interview with screenwriter Tom Baum
- Newly-filmed appreciation by critic Kim Newman
- Deleted scenes from the screenplay, including the original ending
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Luke Insect
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Alan Jones and an excerpt from the novelisation by Tom Baum