Last year, veteran horror writer-director William Butler enlisted the help of actor friends Mo Collins (Fear the Walking Dead, Parks and Recreation), Maile Flanagan (Naruto, Disney Lab Rats), and Jim O’Heir (Parks and Recreation) to battle monsters and evil robots in a fantasy-action family film titled My Babysitter The Superhero.
Now you can be the hero by helping complete the project. Butler has launched an Indiegogo campaign to secure finishing funds for My Babysitter The Superhero.
In addition to cameo appearances, on-screen credits, autographed DVDs, posters, shirts, and other memorabilia, Butler is offering several unprecedented perks to entice genre fans to donate, including:
- KNB Mystery Box – One-of-a-kind, screen-used props and swag from some of KNB EFX’s hit films and TV shows
- American Horror Story Mystery Box – Swag items made exclusively for American Horror Story crew members
- Trick or Treat Mystery Box – Horror movie masks and accessories from legendary Halloween costume company Trick or Treat Studios
- Naruto Box – Merchandise and swag signed by Maile Flanagan, the voice of Naruto
- Horror Autograph Pack – 10 autographed photos from some of the biggest stars in the genre
- Full Moon Mystery Box – Signed and limited edition collectables from influential indie horror studio Full Moon Features
- Machete autographed by Jason Voorhees actor Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th Parts VII-X)
- Friday the 13th Part VII poster autographed by Butler, Hodder, and other cast members
- Original artwork by renowned horror artist Chet Zar
Unlike most films seeking crowdfunding, My Babysitter The Superhero has already been filmed. Butler and crew are simply seeking funds to complete post-production, including special effects, editing, music, colour correction, and sound design.
Described as “Uncle Buck meets Power Rangers,” My Babysitter The Superhero thrusts a teenage boy and his little sister into an adrenaline-charged adventure when they find out their gregarious babysitter is the legendary superhero known as Agent Action.
In addition to Collins, Flanagan, and O’Heir, My Babysitter The Superhero‘s cast of established talent includes Alex Skuby (The King of Queens), Melissa Peterman (Reba), Wayne Wilderson (Veep), Paul Vogt (Mad TV), and Justin Ellings (A Tale of Two Coreys).
“Taking a chance to create a film like this on my own without any support of a studio or a network has been been tough but extremely satisfying, and I encourage anyone who has dreamed to make a film to follow their bliss and do it,” states Butler. “We are 90% finished with the project, and these amazing perks are helping us get to the finish line. I genuinely thank everyone who is stepping up and helping us.”
Butler appeared in such cult classics as Friday the 13th Part VII, Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, and Night of the Living Dead before writing and directing Madhouse, Furnace, and Demonic Toys: Personal Demons, among others. His special effects credits include Re-Animator, From Beyond, Troll, Ghoulies, Demolition Man, Small Soldiers, Village of the Damned, and The Flintstones. He is currently producing Full Moon’s “Deadly Ten,” which includes new installments in the Puppet Master and Subspecies franchises.
Learn more about My Babysitter The Superhero and secure some of the unique perks by visiting the Indiegogo campaign.