Eureka Entertainment is set to release THE INDIAN TOMB, Joe May’s lavish adventure thriller written by Thea von Harbou and Fritz Lang, on Blu-ray to mark the 100th Anniversary of the film. Presented from a 2K restoration available for the first time ever in the UK, and released as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 21st February 2022.
One of the grandest German epics of the silent era, Joe May’s two-part adaptation of Thea von Harbou’s 1918 novel is an artistic triumph.
Conrad Veidt gives an incredible performance as a dominating maharajah who commissions a German architect (Olaf Fønss) to build the most magnificent mausoleum ever constructed, where he intends to imprison his wife whilst she is still alive as a terrible revenge for her infidelity.
Rich in exotic imagery and mysticism, The Indian Tomb (Das Indische Grabmal) is a stunning epic and a thrilling adventure. The Masters of Cinema is proud to present the film across two Blu-ray discs, fully restored in 2K and available for the first time ever in the UK.
Special Edition contains
- Both parts presented in 1080p HD, across two Blu-ray discs from 2K restorations undertaken by the Murnau foundation (FWMS)
- Musical Score (2018) by Irena and Vojt?ch Havel
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand New video essay by David Cairns & Fiona Watson
- PLUS: A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Philip Kemp