Teenage kicks take a decidedly dark turn in director Douglas Grossman’s Hell High – a twisted tale of delinquency pushed to its horrifying extreme, where Class of 1984 meets I Spit on Your Grave!
When high school football hero Jon-Jon (Breaking Bad’s Christopher Cousins) quits the team, he winds up falling in with a group of outcasts led by the sadistic Dickens (played to unhinged perfection by the late Christopher Stryker). With a willing new recruit in tow, the gang’s youthful hijinks soon spiral into a night of abject horror when they decide to play a cruel prank on the home of their teacher Miss Storm – who, unbeknownst to the youngsters, harbors a dark and tormented past.
Hell High – which was released in some international territories as Raging Fury – is a singular entry in the late ’80s horror canon, melding elements of the revenge movie with the trappings of the slasher genre to delirious effect. School’s out… forever!
Arrow Video are set to release HELL HIGH on special edition Blu-Ray in the UK on 18th July 2022. If you buy from the Arrow Store, you can choose an alternative version with an exclusive limited edition Raging Fury O-Card.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative approved by cinematographer Steven Fierberg
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original uncompressed stereo audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary with director/producer/co-writer Douglas Grossman and cinematographer Steven Fierberg
• Archival audio commentary with director/producer/co-writer Douglas Grossman
• Archival introduction and audio commentary with film critic Joe Bob Briggs
• School’s Out! – a newly-filmed interview with director/producer/co-writer Douglas Grossman
• A Beautiful Nightmare – a newly-filmed interview with cinematographer Steven Fierberg
• Jon-Jon’s Journey – a newly-filmed interview with actor Christopher Cousins
• The More the Better – a newly-filmed interview with actress Maureen Mooney
• Music is Not Sound – a newly-filmed interview with composers Rich Macar and Christopher Hyams-Hart
• Back to Schools: The Locations of Hell High – a tour of the original Hell High filming sites with author/filmmaker Michael Gingold
• Archival video interviews with director/producer/co-writer Douglas Grossman and co-writer Leo Evans
• Deleted Scene
• Alternate Opening Titles
• Trailers and TV Spots
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Ralf Krause
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring liner notes by Michael Gingold, including an exclusive interview with stunt coordinator/actor Webster Whinery