Eureka Entertainment is set to release WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES, a fast-paced fight-filled martial arts classic, starring Angela Mao and an incredible array of talent from the genre. Presented on Blu-ray for the first time ever in UK, from a brand new 2K restoration, as part of Eureka Classics range. Available from 22nd January 2024, the first print run of 2000 copies will feature a Limited-Edition O-card Slipcase and Collector’s Booklet.
Queen of Kung Fu Angela Mao and King of Taekwondo Jhoon Rhee join forces in this action-packed Hong Kong classic!
In Japanese occupied Korea, resistance leader Lee (Rhee) is captured by the Japanese occupying forces. To rescue him, his pupil Jin (Carter Wong, The Skyhawk) must get help from a Hapkido expert (Mao). Together they fight their way through an army of Japanese villains played by a number of genre favourites including Hwang In-shik (Way of the Dragon), Kenji Kazama (The Streetfighter) and Sammo Hung (The Millionaires’ Express).
Eureka Classics is proud to present When Taekwondo Strikes on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from a brand new 2K restoration.
SPECIAL BLU-RAY EDITION FEATURES:
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray of the original Hong Kong theatrical cut from a brand new 2K restoration
- Original Mandarin mono audio
- “Classic” English dubbed mono audio
- Optional alternate English audio track with different music cues
- Optional English Subtitles, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by film historian and author Samm Deighan
- The Best of the Martial Arts Films (1990, dir. Sandra Weintraub. 91 mins) – feature-length documentary presented by John Saxon
- PLUS: A Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver