Last game you bought

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: Last game you bought

Post by juanvasquez » Wed May 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Wow. Considering how old your computer is, I'm surprised it can't handle the Witcher.

I've got Tropico 5 on Ps+ and it's really good. Never usually a fan of these type of games, but it's really quite fun.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Wed May 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Yeah, I need a GTX 660 and I have a GTX 560. I don't think it'd matter tbh. Just won't be able to have the settings too high but I'm not one of these graphics nuts who benchmarks their PC anyway. Hell, my monitor doesn't even conform to the widescreen style most games go for these days. haha

Ahh, Tropico. I played a bit of 3 a few years ago. I've got Tropico 4 & 5 but not played them yet. Glad to hear it's fun.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Fri May 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Just bought Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 triple thrill and so glad it worked perfectly on Windows 7. Absolutely loved the first game when I was younger. Installed it recently but it wouldn't play hence me buying digital version of 2 and it works superbly.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!

Although due to a massive update I've only been able to play it offline so far. One of the best looking games of this generation so far, and really reminds me of Rogue Squadron at times. It's a shame there's limited amount of maps, but that's the DLC age for you. Still, I got it £12 brand new, so can't complain!
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:39 pm

The missus has treated me to Resident Evil Origins Collection. Very good news indeed. This will be the 3rd version of REmake I own, and will be the first time I've played 0 since it first came out on the Gamecube.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Where to start?! I got an xbone for Christmas, and that came with The Division, Gears of War 4 and Halo 5, so I'm not going to be shy of shooters for a while. I've just downloaded Rare Replay too, so I'll finally get to play Conkers Bad Fur Day!

For PS4 I've got Lego Dimensions, the toys to life game I snubbed in favour of Disney Infinity earlier this year. It's much better and I regret my earlier actions! I've got No Man's Sky, which is so far, a wonderful bit of sci-fi which you can play at your own pace.

I also have Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, which I've yet to play but I'm looking forward to it.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 pm

In the Steam sale, I've purchased Final Fantasy X/X-2 remastered. Originally played FFX on PS2 and got stuck at the wedding after a hair-pulling, tantrum session attempting to beat a flying dragon thingy which I finally did. Always liked the game though and whilst an old work colleague bloody ruined the game for me by telling me what happens, I'd still like to play it out for myself once again with the added bonus of playing X-2 also.

I also shelled out a whopping £1.04 on The Witcher. I own the second game and quite fancy buying the third GOTY edition when it comes cheap so thought I might as well complete the collection and start from the beginning once I finally get round to playing them.

Unsure if I ever played Conker's Bad Fur Day. I remember seeing it in shops though. Heard No Man's Sky had a few issues, mainly due to what it promised from the trailer and such, but it seems that the game devs appear to be working on it to try and make it as awesome as they said it would be.

Xbox One. You lucky thing. You'll have to tell us how you get on and which console you prefer.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 am

I've sunk a good few hours in to No Man's Sky and it's fantastic. I have no idea why people were having a hissy fit about it. It's as expansive as any game I've played. If you like slow burning sci-fi exploration, it'll tick all boxes.

The xbone is pretty good. The dashboard is pretty crap but they are obviously going for Windows style functionality. There was nothing one with the way the 360 was laid out. The games file sizes are ridiculous, so I'm glad I went for the 1TB version. And certain titles are backwards compatible from 360, so I can still play Injustice on the big TV!

But really there's not much difference between the that and the PS4. I couldn't say I have a preference right now. But at least they've got the cooling fans right this time. Neither system sounds like they're going to take off or mow the lawn this time around!
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Post by juanvasquez » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Ooh, one big difference between the two, while both have to install the game, as discs don't mean shit these days, you'll use up hard drive space regardless, as the disc is basically permission to play the game. However, while this install is almost instantaneous on the PS4, it can take FORFUCKINGEVER on the xbone. And that's without any updates there might be to download.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Sounds like how PC games work nowadays. You buy the disc game which installs onto your PC but needs the Steam licence key which comes with it to validate the install, after which Steam downloads any updates. The disc is then worthless really as the game is already installed on PC and doesn't need to the disc to run unlike the super old PC games. If you uninstall, the game is in your Steam library to re-install.
Sounds like the same thing for consoles? Shame really, I used to love buying consoles discs. They should just ditch them then and do just downloadable games if you have to connect to net and install updates anyway