Bioshock series

Moderators: Hughesy, juanvasquez

Bat
Site Admin

Bioshock series

Post by Bat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 pm

So I've finally started playing Bioshock after owning 1, 2 and Infinite for quite some time.

Must say that the visuals and story are quite impressive. The gameplay mechanics are a bit backwards and forwards but not too bad. Currently stuck in the medical facility, attempting to defeat my first Big Daddy and failing miserably.
juanvasquez
HCF Staff

Re: Bioshock series

Post by juanvasquez » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 pm

I seem to recall that several Big Daddy encounters were completed with a certain degree of luck. I don't recall there being any other strategy than don't die!
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Once you have enough plasmids there are a lot of tricks you can use, but early on just keep them at a distance and try and hack robots and set them on fire. The fun comes later using all the items when you need to revisit each area and complete your ADAM collection. 2 has better controls but I really disliked the revisionist story. Infinite is in the middle somewhere, I thought it strayed too far from the subterranean horror.
Bat
Site Admin

Post by Bat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:43 pm

Mocata wrote:Once you have enough plasmids there are a lot of tricks you can use, but early on just keep them at a distance and try and hack robots and set them on fire. The fun comes later using all the items when you need to revisit each area and complete your ADAM collection. 2 has better controls but I really disliked the revisionist story. Infinite is in the middle somewhere, I thought it strayed too far from the subterranean horror.
Does that mean I can ignore/dodge the Big Daddy's and continue with the levels and story and come back at a later time?
Mocata
Film Fan

Post by Mocata » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Well I *think* so, when you reach a Bathysphere each location you can return to should have a few daddy icons (2 or 3 each) to show you if you killed them yet.