One of the lesser known entries in the annals of the ’80s slasher film, Satan’s Blade is an eerie slice of US regional terror ripe for rediscovery by horror fans and is being release on 11th July 2016 in the UK on dual format courtesy of Arrow Video.
Arriving at a snow-capped mountain resort, a group of youngsters are met by the news that a double murder has taken place there the previous night. Despite this grisly revelation, they decide to stay on, unaware of the knife-wielding figure stalking the wintry landscape… Could the local legend about a vengeful mountain man have some truth to it?
Shot in Big Bear, California in 1980 but not released until 1984, L. Scott Castillo, Jr.’s Satan’s Blade succeeds in establishing a thoroughly creepy atmosphere – helped in no small part by a freakish nightmare sequence that’s sure to inspire more than a few sleepless nights.
Director- Approved Special Features
• Brand new 2K restoration of the film presented in both 1.85:1 and 4:3 (1.33:1) versions
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary by The Hysteria Continues
• Interview with writer-director L. Scott Castillo, Jr.
• Remembering Satan’s Blade – Castillo narrates a look at various items of Satan’s Blade memorabilia
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin
• Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Brian Albright, author of Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990