Eureka Entertainment to release HARD TIMES, Walter Hill’s two-fisted action drama featuring Charles Bronson at his explosive best, as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual Format edition on 24th April 2017.
The American action auteur Walter Hill made a magnificent debut with this pulp triumph, featuring evocative period atmosphere and sterling performances from Charles Bronson and James Coburn.
Bronson plays a drifter suddenly caught up in the fight game during the Great Depression. Chaney, a down-on-his-luck loner, hops a freight train to New Orleans where, on the seedier side of town, he tries to make some quick money the only way he knows how – with his fists. Chaney approaches a hustler named Speed (James Coburn) and convinces him that he can win big money for them both.
Gritty, vivid and engrossing, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present this 1970s gem, available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, and presented from a new 4K restoration, in a new Dual-Format edition.
SPECIAL FEATURES including:
- New 4K restoration
- Uncompressed PCM and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- NFT Audio Interview with director Walter Hill
- Original theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring new and archival writing and rare archival imagery