Eureka Entertainment is set to release the acclaimed masterpiece THROW DOWN; Johnnie To’s gloriously inventive and empathetic action drama; presented on Blu-ray from a 4K restoration in its UK debut as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 18th May 2020. The initial print run of 2000 copies to feature a Limited Edition O-card Slipcase.
In this visually arresting action drama from acclaimed director Johnnie To (Mad Detective, Election), legendary Judo fighter Szeto Bo (Louis Koo; Flash Point, The Legend of Zu) unexpectedly gave up the sport and now lives the life of an alcoholic gambler who runs a pub. However, cocky Judo newcomer Tony (Aaron Kwok) wants to challenge him, while old foe Kong (Tony Leung Ka Fai, Ashes of Time) demands Szeto to finish the match that never took place, Soon Szeto’s pub becomes the ultimate arena where the greatest Judo fighters challenge one another.
Filled with brutal, no-holds-barred Judo fight scenes, Throw Down is director To’s ultra-stylish homage to the great Japanese director Akira Kurosawa, and is an emotional tale of one man’s determination to rediscover himself and win at all costs. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present Throw Down in its UK debut from a 4K restoration.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- LIMITED EDITION O-CARD SLIPCASE [2000 units]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray, from a stunning 4K restoration
- Cantonese and English audio options
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new and exclusive feature-length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Audio commentary by Hong Kong film expert Ric Meyers
- Lengthy interview with director Johnnie To (40 mins)
- Making of Throw Down featurette
- Theatrical trailer and TV spots
- Reversible sleeve
- PLUS: a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film